Thursday, October 19, 2006

Mind your peas and q's.

I knew there would be a time in my life that I would have to watch what I say out loud.I don't mean your general "mind-your-manners" kind of thing - no swearing before midday, being politically correct and making sure you don't say "bugger " too loudly when someone else gets the last chocolate Royal in the pack - I mean the watching what you say because you have a four and a half year old that seems to have the biggest ears in all of Melbourne.
Last week I caught her in her bedroom with her little toy baby doll ( no big deal) except that she had tied the doll to a chair using a shoelace and was pointing her finger at it saying "....you are being a little hoochie......"
Uh -Oh !!!!!!!!!
Note to self : Stop using word "hoochi" or abbreviated term "hooch"
As she goes on with her day, if something takes her by surprise I hear her say " What the hheeeellll???...."
I better start really watching what I say.
I'm sure there is already some irreversible damage - I will pretend that I didn't hear her say "nnnuuuppp" when she should be saying no and just politely repeat the question. I will pretend that when she mutters "bugger" she really said "Oh no what happened here?" in a syrupy tone.I really will have to watch what I say,because big ears are always listening!

5 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

And dont forget to stop calling people skanks, although thats what all her barbies are so atleast she'll find that out early...

7:43 AM  
Blogger Stomper Girl said...

Don't give up on hoochies or skanks - they are very good words! I hope she's spreading their use at kinder.
When your favourite nags come back at you it's slightly mortifying ... I cracked up when I heard my 5yo shouting at his little brother "How many times do I have to tell you?!?!"
However, when he was 2 I distinctly heard him say "futting sate". (Toddler translation of FFS)
That's when I cleaned up my mouth.

11:38 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ahh violet, she is a great source of entertainment. I guess your lucky she doesn't see me too often, I have been known to "teach" simon's niece those very same words, I especially like hoochie mama. I also like to try and teach her too dance like some sort of tramp and behave like a bogan. But I mostly do those things to piss off her parents, so maybe I wouldn't do that to you.

1:59 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

what the hell is wrong with hoochie?!! ya skank you! oh bugger I've done it now!!

4:16 AM  
Blogger jen v said...

This post was hilarious! Thank you for giving me a much needed giggle.

9:07 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home