Thursday, September 21, 2006

On the Recieving End



I have recieved some great paper from a collage swap I participated in. Not only cool paper but aan embroidered button - how cute! Yumbo - scored a whizzfizz also !! Now that brought me back to my days of Little Aths - they were 45c then and every now and then I used to get one after begging and pleading with Mum and Dad to buy me one. Peer group pressure really, every kid seemed to be munching on one - maybe they thought it would make them run fast.

Another strange reference to my Little Aths days was my second recieved paper swap.It had some pages out of Athletic Instruction book - I llluuurrrvvveeeedd it! This brought back memories of my Mum and dad making me drink rice water before an event. For those of you that do not know what that is, please let me explain. It is the water that rice has been soaking in - full of starch and meant to give you energy.What a load of crap!! It tasted disgusting and I gagged every time I drank it.It would be fair to say that all I wanted was some cordial like all the other kids! GGeee do you think I am scarred?????
Anyhoo , this was the most amazing swap with the most eccentric pictures in it - I really can't wait to use them. I especially love these -




How cool is this......



I love this knitting lady.....

5 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

maybe if you mixed quik in the rice water...?

3:14 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

ewwww rice water - really? can't that be labelled parental abuse?! :) I like the knitting lady too, and the embroidered button is cool.

7:58 PM  
Blogger Kate said...

Very cool pictures, love the giraffe one and love the button.

11:12 AM  
Blogger Jorth said...

That's so weird, I saw Shannon this morning and she told me the same story. I think you both are scarred!

11:41 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ooh, lovely goodies and vintage ephemera, yummo! That button is gorgeous =) Can't wait to see what you come up with!

12:51 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home