Thursday, May 17, 2007

I did it !




I know for those who know me will find it hard to believe - but look what I made!? Ofcourse I had a Good teacher who was very patient , but finally I made something myself with my sewing machine - woohoo - exciting for me anyway. You won't be seeing me re-arranging my house with smooth precision and then taking arty snaps of it but you will see some attempts to make a few things.With fabric that is!
I have been inspired.


And its lined!

I have also been tagged by Sam about my fave blogs. Now I don't like to play favourites but here are a few ....

1.Go fug yourself just makes me ooohhh and ahhhhh and nod my head.
2. All consuming - I love the way she writes and the reality of her everyday life
3. Aunty Cookie - because I may get in trouble if I didn't put her on the list!
4. H&B - because when I read her posts they often make me laugh out loud ( and apparently I've moved into her neighbourhood so I better keep her sweet!!!!)
5. Jorth - because anyone who doesn't have a tv and attempts not to use plastic is my idol.and she is very crafty and super funny!

No news to report except that the cleaner that we have started to get fornightly told me today she sat down and had a cup of tea and one of my caramellos. Is that weird?? My caramellos were in a bowl high up in the pantry.... Is that in the rules??????

12 Comments:

Blogger Stomper Girl said...

I suppose at least your cleaner 'fessed up about the caramello! I ALWAYS want tea & chocolate when I'm doing housework! But if I sat down for it, I'm not sure I'd get back up again and finish up...

Nice bag! And lined! That is flash.

4:35 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

she helps herself to your chocolate and you're recommending her to me???! that is a very fine line, a very fine line indeed ms cleaner.

6:33 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Man it looks so neat and straight?? very nice indeed. And good fabrics.

Maybe hide some chocolate in your undies draw and see if she finds it...?

Yes and yore lucky you mentioned me, because yes you would be in trouble.

7:34 PM  
Blogger Kate said...

Great bag - love the fabrics!

9:38 AM  
Blogger glorydaze said...

love that cute tree and birdie fabric!

10:53 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

You could always use the "Willy's diabetic and thats his emergency sugar stash" line on her, see if she feels guilty. Noice bag, you'll be sewing up a storm in no time.

3:36 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

the bag looks great!! you will be addicted to sewing now!!! well done you :-)beautiful fabrics too

7:44 PM  
Blogger Suse said...

Beautiful material for that bag!

And I think you should go with Amanda's suggestion. I nearly choked on my cup of tea when I read that one. Heh.

11:14 PM  
Blogger KPB said...

Oooh, I'm loving those cards with the birds, and that bag - its all very straight and neat - AND lined! Between you and Suse, I may allow my crafting urges to take hold (I have many but never unleash them because I am the queen of the unfinished craft item).

2:31 PM  
Blogger Jorth said...

Fanks, kiddo!

Now, with this cleaner - don't you pay her so she can go get her own caramellos? The nerve! The cheek! The door, lady!

8:16 AM  
Blogger LBA said...

aww - so sweet.

I'm only just getting my laughing mojo back though - the blog was all humbug for a while - tradies, bletch.

Also:
What Jorth said ;)

2:33 PM  
Blogger Fairlie - www.feetonforeignlands.com said...

Re: ..is that in the rules???

That depends...is she a GOOD cleaner? Cause in my experience, if she is, you allow her to do whatever she darn well likes...!

(and as Stomper pointed out, she did 'fess up. She's probably not snaffling the silver while she's owning up to chowing down on the caramellos!)

3:49 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home