Tuesday, April 03, 2007

The Heat is On

This week could prove to be a busy one.
Firstly , I may be recieving the "call" to go to the hospital with my pregnant sister. So my mobile is near ( ha! what a joke - all that know me probably realise by now I can text in the dark at lightning speed). I am trying to prepare my words of encouragement like " you look great","you are doing really well ", "well done you are nearly there" - although more likely I will be saying "get her an epidural and 'no, ofcourse you didn't poo".
Even more likely,I mightn't say a word because I will be in a diazapam created fluffy fog.mmmmmmm.
One must be prepared for these stressfull times.

Secondly, everything is in a packed away state or going to be packed away because of our forthcoming move - wooohhhooooo - but unlike my strangely neat and organised husband, who is looking forward to packing and unpacking, I am dreading it more than ever. My hands start sweating just thinking about it. And my dining room looks like this.


That doesn't make for comfortable living.

Thirdly, the orders are rolling in.
I have been busy keeping up with my card orders because they dont care that we are moving. They don't care that my easily-bored-crazy-five-year old is on school holidays. Bloody Hell and isn't that just another can of worms. What do people do to entertain and stimulate their kids on school hols that doesn't include spending oodles of money and/or just sticking them in front of the telly???? So I think it would be far to say there is a little going on this week.

Ofcourse I did forget to mention the death of Christ. We didn't think we got all those Easter eggs for nothin did we??!!!!!

Here is a sneak preview of some of my cards partly done.


10 Comments:

Blogger Em said...

Your cards are utterly gorgeous!

11:27 PM  
Blogger Stomper Girl said...

Good lord, woman, I got tired just reading this post. I say delegate the packing to Mister Super-Neat who is excited at the process, and concentrate on the bored 5YO and those lovely lovely cards. Good luck with it all.

9:28 AM  
Blogger Stomper Girl said...

Oh! and also of course on helping your sister give birth.

9:29 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

school holidays are freaking me out!! if you find the answer of what to do with a 5 year old please let me know...please!

10:33 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

the cards are soooo beautiful....hope you survive the holidays..it's no picnic especially when the summer ones just ended!!!!

1:11 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

No rest for the wicked hey Jo! Have a nice easter, hope the easter bunny lays you a nice big chocolate egg!

5:53 PM  
Blogger Kate said...

Great cards. Good luck over the holidays. I can't wait for them here, love having a husband teacher!

7:57 AM  
Blogger Corrie said...

ohhh you are busy! love the cards but those boxes gave me shivers...we moved when I was 36 weeks pregnant and i will never ever forget it....there is a reason why they say not to move just before a baby is born!!!!!!!!!! you start off being organised, getting rid of things and by the end of it you are just chucking everything in boxes! good luck.....

5:23 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

The cards are very beautiful Take care with your moving , moving freaks me out....we have done it far too many times. I agree with Corrie said, 'In the end you just end up chucking things in boxes'....ha, that was me

6:58 PM  
Blogger Jodie said...

Oh Holidays.... try some playdough (outside). Chalk on any surface especially footpaths (it will wash off) and make a Tv out of one of your packing boxes. I have no idea why but kids seem to love it-just chop out the front bit and add or draw on some knobs and they will take turns being on Tv and watching Tv.
Actually maybe make a remote - in the days I made these for my kids- our TV still had knobs or buttons at least.

8:09 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home