Wednesday, January 17, 2007

The Curse of the Wii

It finally happened and ofcourse had to happen to me.
An injury was caused by the Wii.
By me holding and controlling the wii.
I smacked a poor five year old in the head with the remote and the slapping noise was sickening - you see I pack a mean backhand - even in my loungeroom.
There was blood. Alot of blood. A very surprised five year old. A very unhappy mother. A very shaken wii holder.
WARNING - Dangerous object! What was even worse was that ten seconds before it happened we were all laughing at the warnings that flash up on the screen before you play, about how you must make sure no-one is around you. OOOOOOPSSS. Anyhoo,all is well, no bruising nor lumps to be seen on victim just a small cut. My hand has also stopped shaking. Apparently these INJURIES are not so uncommom.

Apart from scaring small children I have been doing a little bit of applique.



I am quite impressed with myself as the weather here has been sooooooooo hot it is getting a little unbearable, especially when you have no air conditioning and two whingey sweaty kids. Keeping calm myself has been a challenge......Thank god for chocolate chip cookies...... No comfort eating going on here.

6 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh my! How scary. I'm glad your little one is okay.

The applique looks great!

Tobey

3:08 PM  
Blogger Stomper Girl said...

You are hilarious. I love that the 5-year-old's main reaction was surprise that you'd clocked her one...

That heat was a bad, bad thing. I'm amazed you appliqued. And so nicely, too.

PS return meme tag coming your way.

9:13 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

You are TOO funny! I love the transition between - oh bythewayIscaredthefiveyearold to and here's some appliqué...hysterical! I'm glad it's hot somewhere in the world - because it's cold and icy here and the kids are whiny... I'm laughing.

I love your blog!

Tam

1:43 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

we love our comfort food - applique looking good.

8:20 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

you sure do have one powerful backhand! I know who to ask if I ever need a tennis partner.

11:24 AM  
Blogger LBA said...

Holy hell on the Wii !

Applique looks darling though. Was it died with the blood from your child's wii'ed out head ?

;)

Am sitting here waiting for the man to come home and take us out swimming ... o yes ...

5:02 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home