Thursday, August 24, 2006

Sugar - free

After eating (literally shovelling) fluffy bright green mint cream into my mouth ( middle of a mint ripple mud cake mmmmmmm) I actually thought what on earth am I doing? Are my sugar cravings leading me so astray that the thought of eating green cream is actually inviting??? Ofcourse, in total impulsive fashion I thought I would go totally sugar-free. Rid my body of such impurities! Anyone who knows me realises that this is quite a challenge. No more sugary tea. No more soft drink. No more raiding my diabetic husbands hypo stash of chocolate bars. Oh my - no more chocolate bars.No more chocolate royals. I will stop now otherwise we will be here for days.I am now 10 days sugar-free....... and it hhuuurrtttssss. Yes,it is really hurting my feelings.
However,strange things are happening. My headaches have settled down considerably. I am sleeping better and have more energy. My peepers are open BEFORE the alarm - even before the kids. My mood is a little lighter and I seem to be constantly smiling at strangers.
Bizarre.
I am now a believer.
Give it a try

My slump in motivation is now a distant memory and have been working on some new cards so here is a peak.



Stay tuned - more in my bag of goodies

10 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

So now you wont throw out tea I make you because its not sweet enough? Im sure itll be too milky now.

Nice new cards, love the texture of the leaves,palms. Trendy like.

4:06 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

okay maybe the sweet thing is working for you - but I agree with Ms Lamden - go without tea?! not ready to take the sugar free to such extremes :) the new card looks great.

7:24 AM  
Blogger Mrs Smith said...

great work Jo. I am on sugar free day two.
looking forward to the up side kicking in soon.

Have cut out my killer python and coles chocolate chip biscuit habit and it is hurting my feelings I can tell you.

Love the cards.

10:37 AM  
Blogger Mrs Smith said...

No more cup of toffee in the morning!

10:37 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I just realised this means - NO more DONUTS??!!

1:01 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

donuts are sugar free. i should know, i worked at donut king.

2:16 PM  
Blogger Mrs Smith said...

how can donuts be sugar free? Aren't they all smothered in cinnamon and brown sugar? mmmmmmm ....

11:20 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

another simply gorgeous card!

7:48 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

It's interesting to see just how pervasive virtual memory has become in our every day lives. It's like everywhere I turn, I see something with a card slot or USB jack, haha. I guess it makes sense though, considering how much cheaper memory has become as of late...

Gahhhhh... I shouldn't be complaining. I can't get by a day without my R4 / R4i!

(Submitted from Net10 for R4i Nintendo DS.)

1:45 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

ugg boots
polo ralph lauren
mont blanc pens for sale
nike roshe run
canada goose
canada goose
michael kors canada
louis vuitton paris
air jordan pas cher
tods shoes
201612.3wengdongdong

3:40 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home