Monday, August 28, 2006

Weekend Fun

I had a great weekend of celebrations.
Our first celebration was that we went to a friends 40th birthday party which was super-fabulous. It followed a very high-bred version of party finger food. Not a party pie to be seen but replaced by a mini beef and burgundy pastry with tomatoe relish. Small bowls of chicken ceasar salad and saffron risotto with parmesan were handed out. Salt and pepper prawns with vietnamese salad. ooooohhhhhh so much more but because it was washed down with moet I can't quite be sure. Yes, you read it - Moet Chandon and more Moet Chandon. I tell you -Fabulous!! The Birthday girl looked ever so cool and sexy - she thanked this but I think she owned the birthday glow. Her funny and charming husband made a great dvd of her life and to top it all off......drum roll.......there were profiteroles!!
And being sugar-free I didn't indulge - how dumb am I ????
There were also tiny lemon meringue pies and exotic flavoured ice cream with mint fairy floss on top.
I almost felt famous .... until it was time to relieve the babysitter.

Second celebration was a beautiful cosy first birthday party. An afternoon tea with an abundance of toys to keep children amused.What more can one ask for????
So Happy birthday Natalie and Happy first Birthday Elliot. Hope all your dreams come true.

Note to self : must get back onto sugar wagon

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I cannot believe that you didn't try the meringue with that superb sounding fairy floss topping - are you nuts?! :) where did my donut eating, sweet tea indulging friend go? I think someone has stolen her and replaced with same pretty awesome willpower!!

6:57 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

You know its not a party until someone yells 'show us your tits'. My party wins.

1:12 PM  
Blogger Mrs Smith said...

Too too gorgeous.

Hey , at least u guys went to parties. I think I would have been out of my depth at both parties. I have lost all adult conversational skills. If anyone had been interested in joining me in a rousing rendition of dingle dangle scarecrow I could have been the life of the party.

10:47 AM  
Blogger Mrs Smith said...

Too too gorgeous.

Hey , at least u guys went to parties. I think I would have been out of my depth at both parties. I have lost all adult conversational skills. If anyone had been interested in joining me in a rousing rendition of dingle dangle scarecrow I could have been the life of the party.

10:47 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home