Wednesday, July 26, 2006

Thank God for Mums

I often wonder if there is a specific age that you reach that you don't need your Mum.
If there is I would like to know it. I am 32 Years old and I have two children of my own so I guess I just assumed that with gaining some dependants you lose being an emotional dependant yourself. (you know,out with old in with new)
HA! How wrong am I?!
Yesterday I had one of those days that my mum came to the rescue. I had such a severe headache I could barely talk or open my eyes - no more gross details - but it was my mum who dropped everything at work, took me to the doctors, then to the hospital.It was Mum who sat around for 4 hours before I was seen in emergency.It was my Mum who picked up my girls from Kinder and Childcare.It was mum who organised the bottles, nappy changes and stayed the night so I could just sleep the pain away. However, with this sorry mushy post some entertaining conversations went on between my four year old and her Nannee.

NANNEE; Come here and stand still,I need to clean your face
FOUR YEAR OLD; It hurts (whining)
NANNEE; Last week I did this to Matilda and she didnt fuss at all
FOUR YEAR OLD; Well I fuss all the time
NANNEE; Yes, you are a bloody fusspot!
FOUR YEAR OLD; No I'm not!
NANNEE; Yes you are!
FOUR YEAR OLD; No I'm not!
NANNEE; Yes you are !!

And it went on....... When bedtime came my four year old asked if Nannee could now leave and not come back in the morning to which she got the response "I'm staying around like nightmare". You see, my mum takes no fuss and my daughter fusses all the time,but I guess you gathered that. You probably also gathered that My mum is a "take charge" kind of person that you just dont mess with,so when my four year old pulled out this ripper I truely feared for her life.

FOUR YEAR OLD;Nannee you are a f@#%!
NANNEE; What did you say?

And yes,she repeated it!! Twice!!

Although she had no idea what she was saying it was probably the worse time to decide to bring that treasure into her vocab.
However,the scariest moment of all was when I asked her where had she heard that word from? For a moment I actually thought she may have said "you mummy". Alas, I recieved the shrug response and she got the standard "I never want to hear that word again etc etc"

Ofcourse,Nannee just took it in her stride as all Nannees do - although me, the four year olds Mum is now going to have to spend a bit more time on the therapy couch because of that one!

I wonder if my Mum will drive me??........

15 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

You know mum will read this and say 'Youre too soft, youre too soft' and then maybe swiftly slap you on the back of the head to try and snap it outta you. Or does she just save up those whacks for me?

Im in trouble now for sure.

2:17 PM  
Blogger thebutterflycollector said...

hope you are felling better now, my mother in law came to my rescue like this not long ago! It's great to know they are there! My little one was the perfect angel for her though! Just wait until he's a bit older and can say F***.They'll be trouble then!

2:22 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hope you are feeling better now Joanne and Violet learns some new words!

Yes, what will we do without our Mums?!

2:22 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Joanne that is hilarious! I have met your mum and I love her no bulls#*@ attitude. I've also me your daughter and love her cheak! Obviously the two make for entertaining conversation.

4:42 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

way to go jo !!! your own blog eh....that is sooo brilliant, and scarey...(well, from my "frightened to even comment" world it is anyhow!).

i look forward to all your ramblings, and can assure you that i'll be with you every step of the way...although i won't always let on that i'm here.....

xx

6:42 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

that is the funniest thing I've heard in a long time!! I just can't imagine that word coming out of sweet Violet's mouth!

9:28 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

forgot to say that I love your occasional ramblings.....keep 'em coming!

9:28 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

she's such a cheeky little bugger - love her! I can just imagine it too! At least the kids are keeping us on our toes!!

9:47 AM  
Blogger Jorth said...

Top story! Hope you feel better soon.

11:57 AM  
Blogger Anastasia said...

OMG I couldnt stop laughing - your mother sounds just like mine! hope u are feeling better now....we all need our mummys though and once u become a mum I think even more so! My almost 4yr old has already said the F*word a couple of times - Ughhh!! childcare sux sometimes - nasty habits they pick up as well as germs and colds!

1:20 PM  
Blogger jen v said...

That is a great story! Hope you are feeling better.

11:54 PM  
Blogger Stomper Girl said...

Hello! Thanks for visiting! Loved your swear story! Last time my Mum visited us, my learning-new-stuff-in-Prep 5YO announced from the back of the car that he knew two words starting with "sh" : "shutup" and "sh**". Stunned silence in the front of the car, then my Mum, ever so coolly, says,"yes, also "sheep" and "ship" ...

12:20 PM  
Blogger leta joy said...

HILARIOUS. I know I'm in trouble as my 2 year old alreadys repeats "shit" right after me. Oops!

6:39 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

you know i read this before but didnt get a chance to comment.... haha, its so good your mom was there to support and rescue you... she sounds like a strong but funny women... haha, your post just had me grinning from ear to ear... maybe cuz my mom doesnt mess around either... and when my niece comes over, i am more like your mom...

i think i am blabbering but i hadda say that this post was sweet and funny....

4:52 AM  
Blogger Mrs Smith said...

Great story. How much do I love and appreciate my mother of 7 now that I have two.

Don't you love the way kids say what grown ups could only dare to dream of uttering.

I love all the Lamden women's style. No f'n bullshit.

10:47 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home