Thursday, August 03, 2006

Chivalry is Alive

Just not in my house.
Whilst doing the Kinder drop off it started to pour with rain.Bucketing down.Fine - we need the rain. However, my little one who is constantly slung onto my hip amongst the drop-off/pickup chaos didn't have any wet weather gear on.
Uh-oh.
How am I going to get down the long path,down the street,wait at the lights,cross the road and then walk up to my car without her getting soaked?? How am I going to explain this to human services when they get phonecalls from all the other Kinder Mothers whom give me the dreaded judgmental glance??It's not like she was in the nude????
So,I did the mad dash down the path and then, to my surprise was met by a suited and booted middle aged man with an umbrella who sheltered us all the way to the car! How Nice! I couldn't thank him enough! Just when you have lost faith in mankind......aaahhhh....it has made my day.

However, now off to sell my soul(my cards actually) to a little giftstore down the road from me - a sneak preview of her request




I was lucky enough to recieve a parcel of goodies yesterday from
jen thankyou.I cannot wait to use those gorgeous buttons!



Just a little something to share...........
four year old " Mum do you know what diarrhea is?"

Mum " No ....What is it? " (bracing myself for this one)

Four year old " It is poo with no corn in it"

EEEEEEEEEEEUUUUUUUUWWWWWWWW

Don't have anything more to say about that!

8 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Glad to see Violet has taken an interest in her own excrement! Cool buttons.

2:55 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

tell the little hooch to call me, Ill tell her what diarrhea is....

3:18 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Just wanted to say I love your blog I find it very entertaining, I have loved your sister's blog for a few months since discovering crafty arty blogs. I have just started one too and am trying to figure the whole thing out!!!! I adore your cards too, they are brilliant!! cheers Linda

6:59 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

what a nice man! and lovely cards.
and Violet gives us another insight! god she makes me laugh!!

8:06 PM  
Blogger Mrs Smith said...

you Lamden ladies have made me laugh to tears.

I think that should be the new definition of the diarrhoea.

2:14 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

where did violet get the definition from??? that is absolutely hilarious.

4:29 PM  
Blogger Anastasia said...

what a supernice man! reminds me of when I was Pregnant and No one and I mean no one would get up for me on the bus - I used to glare at everyone Hmph!!

10:25 PM  
Blogger jen v said...

Glad you like the buttons. Love the poop with no corn story. :)

2:46 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home