Saturday, July 15, 2006

humble beginnings

Well I have finally taken the plunge into the land of blog...... It will be interesting to see what is really out there or more to the point will anyone out there be interested in any of my ramblings. I feel that I must warn you they may contain notions of motherguilt,paranoa and tails of my latest gym class obsessions. I guess in all honesty I have been inspired by my blogging comrades and in awe of such amazing craftiness and cleverness that goes on in blogland. I then went with the old attitude "if you can't beat them join them"!! I have been creatively challenged for approximately 32 years, so here goes.

I am hoping that maybe somehow this will help me find the creative genius that lurks inside of me! My latest works have been in the world of handmade cards.I have found a definate love of Japanese papers and designs. Then ofcourse my fabric flowers which bring me such joy - more theraputic really,sitting on the couch hand sewing whilst watching Greys Anatomy has alot to be said for!




I will now attempt to do some more work whilst kidlets are not here..... Here is a sneak of a few of my new cards.





Or more to the point reading my fave blogs and drinking cups of sugary tea whilst consuming arrowroot biscuits.........what a waste of time that pump class was then.......

7 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Well quite fitting that I am your first commenter isnt it.
Consider yourself linked, and you may need to book in some more appointments with blochy....the anxiety of blogging will visit you.

7:55 PM  
Blogger Mrs Smith said...

"I love my cupof toffee in the morning" - J.D.
Just keep up the sweet tea and BEAUTIFUL craft and your worries will disappear (for a few minutes anyway) Welcome to the blog Mrs Davey! I look forward to your ramblings.

8:20 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey you are finally here in blogland - yippee! you already know I love all the teacup craftiness, but can't wait to read some more of the teacup wiseness and wittiness! linked you are my friend.

9:11 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Well, well, well. Here you are all blogged up! Congratulations on taking the plunge. I look forward to catching up on all things davey. Especially because there won't be any thursday night contact anymore.

9:26 AM  
Blogger thebutterflycollector said...

hi, found you through a link and looking forward to more posts! I am also a tea lover, every afternoon at two, whilst painting, whilst my bub is having his nap! And I found another Aussie too!

10:35 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ha - i KNIT and watch Grey's Anatomy. So girly, but hey, sometimes the demographic targets hit me right in the face.

9:41 AM  
Blogger jen v said...

Love the flowers and the cards especially that red and white card. Welcome to bloggyland :)

11:56 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home