Wednesday, March 14, 2007

hi five



We all officially survived a five year olds disco party. The diso balls were sparkling and Kylie was on in the background. There was face painting done by an Angry Artist who just couldnt work without her instruments and there was pink hairspray for all the partygoers. Obnoxious brat is a more than fair comment for my childs behaviour on the day - an overload of attention and material gifts - which contrary to popular belief - Violet isnt used to. After eating lots of fairy bread,playing musical statues and numerous games of Simon Says the party reached another level when good old Justine Clark came on.I am embarressed to say but the five year olds went off! The marshmallow barbie cake was a hit - until my daughter licked all the icing off barbies legs in one swift lick - something a little odd about that!




After all the chaos was over and sheer exhaustion was taking over I realised that the partying wasn't to end there.I had to venture out to some birthday celebrations for a friend. I dragged my best friend Gem along. I soon realised that I hadnt been in a pub for a very long time . Bloody hell,what do I order at the bar??? Was I just looking way to uncool in comparison to all the little super skinny style queens that were surrounding me?? Would some young twenty something male come up to me and ask " Are you the Gem and Jo from the late nineties?" .......... Would they bring us back to the days of drinking shandies in a corner, eating sweet potatoe fries from Blue train for dinner and shamedly knowing all the words to traditonal Irish Pub songs. I shall stop there.

Well we were home by ten thirty, a couple of champagnes later and very impressed with our social skills - ok so we forgot how to deal with smelly cigarette hair and feeling a little hungover the next day - but all in the name of being a socialite - what can I say???

5 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

sorry we missed the dance off - sounds crazy!

1:52 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday to Violet, sounds like it was memorable, though I now have the image of her licking Barbies legs in my head!

3:12 PM  
Blogger Stomper Girl said...

Sounds like a 5-year-old-girl's idea of pink heaven, that party. Only problem, what are you going to do for the 6th birthday party????

Good old Women's Weekly Book of Birthday Cakes strikes again. You can do all the girly ones, I'll do the boy ones. Cherub still talks about his red aeroplane cake from his 3rd birthday.

4:10 PM  
Blogger CelloBella said...

Impressive birthday cake!
CB

7:42 PM  
Blogger LBA said...

Is Barbie going "ta-dah" in delight, or freaking out as she's bout to burn, Barbie, burn ?

Stomper: my mum bought me the NEW WW Cake book ( ie: 2007 version ), and man, have things stepped up in professionalism. I freaked.

So I bid on a c.1980 version on Ebay. The original and best, for common mums with common baking skills. Like me :)

3:58 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home