Sunday, May 04, 2008

what we eat..

Better late than never I say. I don't often join in on other bloggers challenges , not because I don't like them but purely because I cannot be bothered. Boils down to laziness really.

So FAIRLIE threw out the challenge and THIS I could not resist. I just found it fascinating. What people eat. A snippet of their life .... I am a closet stalker.

So this is us



Around Aus $82.00 (decided not to include the dog food and toilet paper) then I usually spend another $30 during the week on more fresh fruit and veg and something from the butcher and the baker (ha ha pardon the pun). There was already broccoli,pumpkin,carrits and zucchini in the house and some red meat in the freezer .I can keep my grocery costs down because I have fussy children that are happy to have basic inexpensive food ie spaghetti bolognese,vegetable risotto,and sausages and veg. Ha no lobster thermadore for them!
You will always find bread,apples,bananas and rocky road chocolate at my house and a crisper full of mini can coke zeros .

And I am always good for a cup of tea also.

I do the shopping bulk at the local coles (ocassionally the safeway when I am feeling a little crazy ) And go to my local Butcher,green grocer and bakery down the road.Support the locals I say.

What you got????

15 Comments:

Blogger M said...

Well done!

At least none of our weekly shops look like the Australian shop represented in the Feeding a Hungry World book - how on earth do they get through all that mince? (have you seen the pic? if not you've just got to see it).

7:00 PM  
Blogger Mary said...

Good for you.

Our children are on the same diet!

7:29 PM  
Blogger Jo (sparkly green knickers) said...

Thanks for the link to the www.time.com photo essays - what a fascinating view of the world! Makes me wonder how my family's food pic would look...

11:03 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

hey where have all the freddo frogs gone?!

10:18 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

did you see all the coke the mexican family has a week?! makes me feel like I could line up my liteneasy and all the alcohol that would be our week!

10:22 AM  
Blogger Fairlie - www.feetonforeignlands.com said...

Yay for you!

And I don't think you're a 'closet stalker' - more of a pantry stalker.

I found all those photos just fascinating.

11:45 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

ooohhh maaaaan. I reckon you would think we eat like the family from chad considering our pantry is so shit.....but always got me some lentils.

And also if those german had that 5c return on each recycled bottle (in SA only) theyd cut their bills in half.

12:28 PM  
Blogger Danielle McDonald said...

What a brilliant idea, I never thought this topic could be so facinating! I am so impressed with your budget too!

5:29 AM  
Blogger Corrie said...

wow wish my grocery bill was that cheap!!!! and I have less people in the house!

Corrie;)

7:48 AM  
Blogger blackie said...

I am such a voyeur when it comes to other people's fridges and cupboards. Your booty looks a lot like mine, but I'd swap the choccy for a coupla packs of squashed fly bikkies.

2:44 PM  
Blogger Jodie said...

I love that cadbury rocky road chocky.... Makes me want to go out and buy some right about now... LOL!!! I can feed my family pretty much the same way... Mine aren't fussy eaters either and spag bol is one of their all time fav's..

Jodie :)

10:25 AM  
Anonymous Aprilvooj said...

What a brilliant idea, I never thought this topic could be so facinating! I am so impressed with your budget too!

2:48 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

ugg boots
polo ralph lauren
mont blanc pens for sale
nike roshe run
canada goose
canada goose
michael kors canada
louis vuitton paris
air jordan pas cher
tods shoes
201612.3wengdongdong

3:40 AM  
Blogger ركن الهدى said...


شركة ركن الهدى للخدمات المنزلية
0556754301
معنا سوف تتمتع بأفضل خدمات تنظيف شقق وتنظيف مجالس وتنظبف السجاد بالظهران حيث نقدم لكم أجود الخامات وارخصها لكم حيث أنه هناك أشياء كثيرة تساعد على تلوث السجاد واتساخه مما يستوجب ضرورة تنظيفه في الحال وبشكل سريع ونحن نوفر لكم كل هذا في مجموعة شركاتنا في المملكة العربية السعودية.
شركة تنظيف بالظهران
شركة تنظيف موكيت وسجاد بالظهران
شركة تنظيف مجالس وكنب بالظهران
شركة تنظيف خزانات بالظهران
شركة مكافحة النمل الابيض بالظهران
شركة مكافحة حشرات بالظهران
شركة كشف تسربات المياه بالظهران
شركة تسليك مجارى بالظهران

6:59 AM  
Blogger انجين محمد said...


شركة تنظيف خزانات بالدمام
شركةتنظيف بالدمام
شركة مكافحة حشرات بالدمام
مكافحة حشرات بالخبر
شركة عزل اسطح بالدمام
شركة تنسيق حدائق بالخبر
تسليك مجاري بالخبر
سباك بالدمام

11:54 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home