Sunday, January 13, 2008

No news is good news

I guess I should be saying that I am back from a wonderful Christmas holiday where I had no access to a computer therefore I couldn't blog.... But that would be such a lie because I have just been hanging out in sunny ( stinking stifling hot on some days ) Melbourne. I mean really where would you rather be??? I just have been really lazy and not blogging - although reading blogs avidly, incase I missed out on some fantabulous news.
Myself on the other hand has no reallll exciting news - except that this afternoon was a bit of a doozy.
Decided to pop in to my old neighbourhood Supermarket as I needed a chemist and they have an adjoining one. It completely slipped my mind that there was a reason we moved from that unfriendly pain-in-the-arse area. This just reminded me - I pulled into our car park and was just about to hop out of the car when a car pulled up into the space next to me - so close that I couldn't open my car door. I waited a little bit as I just assumed he would back out and straighten up his park. It was pretty obvious he hadn't parked properly. The driver and his passenger could see myself and my two kids in the car.

I then realised he wasn't going to straighten up and his passenger got out and wandered in to the supermarket whilst he waited in the car - as he couldn't get out either . I am looking at him thinking what profanity can I scream at you?? Hellooooooo???? So I have to jump over to the passenger door to let myself out and get the two kids out of the car.
Noice.
I am telling you - friendly suburb - great community feel. After a deep sigh I thought " I have my two girls with me , he must know he has been a pig I'll just go inside. Which I proceed to do and head straight to the chemist to see if I can get something for eldest daughter stomach cramps. Two nights of her waking up upset and in the fetal position was kind of freakin me out.

Not as much as when the chemist recommended I give her an enema before anything else.

Effing great.

Try explaining that to a 5 1/2 year old.

Needless to say I headed off home with a slightly anxious feeling....eeeuuuuuwww this wasn't going to be fun. Lucky my daughter has a great sense of humour and took it all in her stride.

Half an hour later and from the toilet she yells " MMMUUUMMMMM this is a bit weird I think I want to do poo but I think I'm doing wee" when I go in to see if she is ok I get " Can you give me some privacy please Mum?"

Christ she will be asking for a newspaper next.

7 Comments:

Blogger Stomper Girl said...

Hasn't the heat been vile?

She is very funny, but you might want to think about deleting this post before she hits her teenage years. I'm just saying...

9:19 PM  
Blogger Jodie said...

ummmmmm, nice to have you back. It takes quite a bit to get you posting doesn't it?
Hope she feels better.

9:22 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

well firstly will you ever forgive me for letting my germ infested daughter pass this on to yours? I truly am sorry, and know what you mean about freaking out a bit. Thankfully I was never given any advice to administer enema's. Her and Rob are both fine now. Wonder why I didn't get it? especially since I have the most fragile stomach most times. I hope it clears up really quickly. sorry, sorry, sorry.

2:31 AM  
Blogger Mary said...

That thing in the carpark? You are a far better person than I am.

Good to have you back!

2:50 PM  
Blogger Stacey said...

Hey, I was wondering where you'd got to!!
As for the car business, I had a similar experience once. I left a nasty note on the car's windscreen (the words "selfish bastard" were used and then "forgot" to remind Conor to be careful when he opened his car door). Made me feel better.

10:55 PM  
Blogger fi said...

oh you make me laugh!!!thanks!

5:02 PM  
Blogger My float said...

Oh good lord. Enemas weren't in my job description! Poor little girl - at least she took it well!

You were very patient with the driver. I'd have wound down my window and asked him to move the car. You're a saint!

6:59 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home