Thursday, August 09, 2007

Flashback Friday




This is a picture of moi and my sisters , circa 78' ... I think. Nice overalls thanks Mum. Cannot believe that pudgy kid in the middle is now a stick thin insect. Whenever I look back on photos of me as a young girl ( I say Girl because I know you are all thinking who is that little fella in the brown overalls??) and complain to my mum about the outfits we were dressed in,"Apparently" we were very fashionable and were dressed in Mothercare clothes. How very International. I will let you be the judge of the fashion stakes.


I have just finished working at the Gift and Jewellery fair in Melbourne.My cheeks are sore from smiling.Sneakily scored some new customers for my own business.HA ha yippee. Off to the Fine Jewellery fair on the weekend so if my posts are few and far between its because I am smoozing with some diamond lovin retailers.

15 Comments:

Blogger Stomper Girl said...

I think your striped top and overalls are very cute, even though 70's brown-and-orange is not my friend.

9:41 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Love how your older sister is "holding" you still.
(Don't even think of moving those arms)

7:16 AM  
Blogger Fairlie - www.feetonforeignlands.com said...

I think you and your sisters got out of the 70s lightly if this photo is any indication! (It must have been the Mothercare factor.) Your outfits look very cute.

8:19 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

who knew you could pull off brown overalls and stripes with such style?! must be the posh spice in you. have fun at the fair - wish I could be one of those diamond lovin retailers.

9:28 AM  
Blogger Stacey said...

I was a Mothercare child as well. I remember my Mum getting really excited about the parcel full of corduroy and paisley arriving in the post.
I seem to remember lots of brown, purple and mustard in those parcels...
Have fun with all those diamonds!

9:37 AM  
Blogger Suse said...

Oh what memories. I was a Mothercare child too. Had totally blanked that one out ...

Love the photo.

10:11 AM  
Blogger Mary said...

God I would have killed for mothercare! I can only remember terrible terrible hand me downs from Dutch cousins -so I am with Fairlie! that is a lovely photo...

11:30 AM  
Blogger Jo said...

Violet looks so much like you.

12:55 PM  
Blogger Claire (ethel loves fred) said...

At the risk of sounding like a coplete nutter (again), I just can't get over your creative little hands! And Shannon's too -inevitable that you would be so creative!!

1:43 PM  
Blogger a little magpie said...

so funny, we have similar photos with same clothes and same hairsyles. We are even posing the same way. What was going on back then??? Feels like I have not spoken to you in ages.

5:42 PM  
Blogger Di said...

Love the photo! I used to be the girl dressed in brown = not because it was fashionable but because it was my brother's hand-me-down!!

4:49 AM  
Blogger Jorth said...

I think you look gorgeous!

7:45 PM  
Blogger becsta said...

Hi Joanne, enjoyed meeting you Magnolia square today - hope your hard work paid off for all concerned!

12:28 AM  
Blogger Cathy said...

Hi Joanne - great meeting you yesterday at Magnolia Square. Had a great time seeing everything. Can't wait until the next week.

12:46 PM  
Blogger summer pickles said...

I think you all look delightful! sure beats a look my brother and i did often of yellow skivvies and brown cords... this is comparatively a really good look!

And btw, I think you definitely look like a girl, and you look very very sweet!
xx

3:18 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home